Apple has released their latest iOS 10.3.2 to the public recently. This update contains some bug fixes and security improvements towards iOS system. But the important thing to mention, there were some good news regarding jailbreak iOS 10.3.1. A Chinese blog has published some images of demonstrating procedure of iOS 10.3.1 jailbreak. This jailbreak technique was performed at a secret conference which was held in Mercedes Benz arena at Shanghai. So we have some great promises for iOS 10.3.2 jailbreak as well. We hope Pangu iOS 10.3.2 or Yalu iOS 10.3.2 jailbreak will be ready soon.
Putting an end to the long jailbreak silence, Todesco has come with Yalu making iOS 10.0-10.2 jailbreak possible. Although the jailbreak comes labeled “Work in progress” as of this writing, Todesco confirms it is now stable as it is going to get in the final build. So this is all about Yalu Jailbreak as the first successful tool attempt to Jailbreak iOS 10.2/10. With sincere thanks to Todesco, let’s see how Yalu 10.2 going to work for iOS 10 jailbreak with concerned all facts around the tool download.
What Should you Know about Yalu Jailbreak?
The jailbreak appears still under beta (Beta 7) and required high caution in the processing. And as there is a threat/coercion on the web for fake downloads, here are the genuine links for sterling Yalu download and processing.
What are the Compatible iOS versions?
At the initial come of Yalu, the tool was only limited to iOS 10.0-iOS 10.1.1. But with random changes in the tool work frame, Jailbreak iOS 10.2 was too added for the same Yalu. In that way, Yalu 10.2 currently supports iOS 10.1-iOS 10.2 jailbreak with a semi-untethered mechanism similar to previous Pangu 9.2-9.3.3.
Are you supported to work with Yalu- Compatible Devices
- iPhone 6S (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 6S plus (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPhone SE (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Pro (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 5S (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Mini 2 (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Mini 3 (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Mini 4 (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Air (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 6 (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 6 Plus (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Air 2 (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
- iPad Touch 6th Generation (iOS 10.0.0- iOS 10.2)
While all 64-bit devices running iOS 10.0.0-iOS 10.2 have got supported to Yalu Jailbreak at beta 7, iPhone 7 jailbreak is still comes omited. In fact, you are only allowed iPhone 7/7 Plus jailbreak up to iOS 10.1.1 as iPhone 7 jailbreak on iOS 10.2 with Yalu is a planned support for times ahead. If you are upgrade to 10.2, there there as Todesco will add support in near future.
Changes log of Yalu 10.2
- Beta 1:
- Initial release updated up to iOS 10.1.1 and work for 16k devices only (iPhone 6S and later)
- Works addition of Cydia Substrate
- Beta 2:
- Support for iPhone 5S and 6
- Beta 3:
- Fixed Apple watch integration
- Beta 4:
- Fixed the vulnerability applied to pwn the kernel
- Changes in listening port for Dropbear as 127.0.0.1 in place of 0.0.0.0
- tfp0 support
- Tihmstar’s nonceenabler added
- Added JIT compatibility focusing emulator developers
- Beta 5:
- Placebo benefit with fixes to beta 4 problems
- Beta 6:
- Improved stability of the tool process
- Beta 7:
- Added support for all none-iPhone 7/7 Plus devices in 64-bit range
- Improved stability and allowed use for all technically accessed
How to Jailbreak with Yalu
To avoid possible errors please pay attention above the give Requirements:
- Check the support for Yalu102 and Yalu mach-portal
- Backup the device using iTunes or iCloud
- Make your Windows PC/Mac run the latest iTunes
- Temporary disable Touch ID and passcodes
- Disable Find my iPhone from device settings which you can re-enable once jailbreak is done
- Step 1: Download Yalu IPA and Cydia impactor from the above given links
- Step 2: Connect your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to the Computer via a proper USB cable
- Step 3: Open Cydia impactor you downloaded
- Step 4: Drag Yalu IPA into Cydia impactor interface
- Step 5: Enter Apple ID/password in the next pop up (When required)
- Step 6: Let IPA signs correctly
- Step 7: Once Cydia impactor signed Yalu IPA, you will be able to see Yalu Jailbreak app installed on your device Home screen (If it is Mach portal, the app will vary to what shown in the picture)
- Step 8: Then head Settings > General > Profile and trust Yalu jailbreak developer app from there
- Step 9: Get back to the Home screen and launch Yalu 10.2/Mach Portal
- Step 10: If things are done up to now, let Yalu Jailbreak process and install Cydia for iOS 10-10.2
Wait for few minutes letting the device gets rebooted and install Cydia. So once done, you will note Cydia app icon successfully installed on the Home screen from which you can enjoy all allowed Cydia apps and tweaks.
- Do not use the device while jailbreak processing which will impact on the success of the operation
- Yalu102 is a semi-untethered which is with hybrid mechanism of both tethered and untethered qualities, so proceed at your own risk
- Temporary disable find my iPhone/passcodes/Touch ID
- Make sure you are with a proper USB and updated to iTunes latest on the PC
- Prior to the process, make sure to have sufficient power scale
- As you will find some limitations in Cydia with said Yalu102 a beta, be cautious on installing apps and tweaks
As better being safe than sorry, follow the given instructions properly. If not you will be forced to restore iOS 10.2.1 only signs for now which is still not certain of getting jailbroken with Yalu or any alter ways. So proceed at your own risk.
Video Guide to Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10.0.0-iOS 10.2
What’s Good and Bad with Yalu for iOS 10 Jailbreak?
As the first successful tool attempt to iOS 10 jailbreak, Yalu wins a lot of consideration in the community. But should you actually try Yalu Download? Here are some Pros and Cons which we thought would be important to bring to your attention. So take a look, if you are too on the fence whether to try Yalu or not.
- Complete jailbreak access with semi-untethered run
- Supported a wide device range in 64-bit category which are running iOS 10.0.0-iOS 10.2
- Stable in processing
- Supports a wide collection of Cydia apps and Tweaks
- Runs with semi-untethered jailbreak mechanism which needs of re-jailbreaking everytime you reboot the device
- Stable but comes still under beta
- Not yet supported iPhone 7 jailbreak in iOS 10.2
Some might wonder why jailbreaking with a beta? If you too think it is taking extra risks in the jailbreak while iOS 10.2 has closed the signing window too, wait until Todesco take the tool out of the beta frame possibly with more minor/major changes. But as it is confirmed stable as it is going to get, the beta 7 jailbreak is now opened as above with semi-untethered run to 64-bit devices except iPhone 7/ 7 Plus.
While prominent jailbreak developing teams are nowhere to find, Todesco brought Yalu Jailbreak. So the sincere thanks go to Luca Todesco @ “qwertyoruiop” and also Marco Grassi in constant experimenting for the tool development.
If you think it is better to wait for the final tool build rather than getting risk in the early release, wait few times ahead. But if you are ready to accept Yalu Jailbreak as now it is, do not forget to share your comments about how you feel of the jailbreak. And in any doubt you face with the new jailbreak tool, feel free to reach us for clarifications.